Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast

Started by Indrajit, Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrajit

Hey folks with darker skin, which sunscreens do you use that don't make you look like a ghost? The Neutrogena one gave me a terrible white cast.


Michael

I've been using UV Doux. It leaves a tiny white cast when I first apply it, but it disappears after about a minute.

Kishore

I use Mingen Glow Shield day cream – it has vitamin C, SPF 30 and wheat germ oil.

Arisha

I use Minimalist Fluid, Tocobo, Dokdo and Innisfree sunscreens.

Yamini

For medium skin tone, I go for Beauty of Joseon's Aqua variant.

Preeti

L'Oréal Paris UV Defender Matte & Fresh works for me. I'm medium‑to‑light skinned. I used to use the old Neutrogena formula which didn't leave a cast and gave a subtle glow, but the new version does. After a lot of trial and error, I found my new holy grail – the L'Oréal matte one. Give it a try.

Divya

Minimalist Light Fluid sunscreen works well for me.


Shankar

I use Sola Safe and Blynds Gel sunscreen for oily skin. For mineral options, La Shield is a bit heavy so I keep it for indoor use. Aqualogica Watermelon sunscreen is lighter for indoors and feels nice cosmetically.

Kalpana

Avoid UV Doux – it makes me look like I've put ash on my face. Reequil is good; it doesn't leave a white cast, though it does make me sweat a bit even when I normally don't.

Bhavin

I'm a chocolate‑brown guy, and so far BOJ and Biore UV have been worth the money with no white cast.