Can I bring this to exam centre?

Started by Ashok, Apr 10, 2026, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashok

I know it may not be directly related, but I've been dealing with a disc bulge for a year now, and it stops me from sitting or standing for long. I can't sit more than 30 minutes, especially on those hard benches, or it worsens my condition. Please tell me what I can do. Can I bring this to the actual exam centre? This disc problem has made my life miserable both physically and mentally.


Suresh

It depends on the centre supervisor. If they're kind enough, they might allow it.

Pankaj


Anil

Get it treated, OP. They won't let you into the exam hall with that, and it doesn't count as a disability for any special concession.

Your health should be the priority.

Prem


Mister

They didn't let me bring even a completely transparent folder for my admit card and ID, so I doubt they'll let you take this.

Navya

Maybe it's allowed in Mains, but not in the Pre‑exam.

Anjali

For Mains I've seen them allow this in Hyderabad. For Pre‑exam, take it with a doctor's note. If they're okay, great; if not, you'll need a workaround—maybe an adult diaper for extra cushioning.

Aftab

Get a medical certificate, preferably from the chief medical officer or civil surgeon of your city (usually at the government hospital). Show it to the centre in‑charge; they might permit it. A friend of mine used similar support during Mains. It varies from centre to centre.

Krishna


Devendra

You can find a PDF of this book online, read it and follow the guidance. I also had back pain, worked on my core strength, strengthened my glutes, followed McGill's "big 3" exercises and kept good spinal hygiene. Just read the book.