Postal Assistant & Indian Postal Service: worst services in exams

Started by Shalini, Apr 11, 2026, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalini

PA is a level‑4 job, but you end up working like a Bank PO. There are targets and the workload is huge because people still rely heavily on postal services. The infrastructure is pretty poor – the only air‑conditioned space is the officer's cabin, the rest is an open office. No tea, no coffee. Customers are always fighting, and MTS won't back you up.

Aryan

Did you post this thread before? I remember commenting – I'm a PA here. Couldn't do any work in CGL 2025 either. Exhausted and tired.

Shivendra

Funny thing is, the post office is a revenue‑earning department, just like the Income Tax or GST office.


Pratik


Shailesh

Fellow postal employee here. I can feel you, bro. This department is the worst! No matter which cadre you're in, everyone's a lazy lot. There's no better post than an MTS in any other department.

Shekar

With that attitude! Yeah, MTS or even a GDS won't help you!


Neeraj

Sorting Assistant is even worse. There's barely any infrastructure – no proper washroom, no decent chair, dust everywhere. Luckily I cleared the ASO CSS this time, so I'll be out of this pathetic department.

Aarti

What about Postal Inspector? Which circles are the best or better? HO, SO, BO – which offices are preferable?

Govind

That's what I was telling a group of candidates, but a few of them made absurd claims like, "My friend is a PA and he hardly goes to the office, and when he does he's back in 2–3 hrs," or "My PA friend didn't attend the office for more than two months."