PCMB student seeking career options beyond NEET

Started by Nakul, Apr 10, 2026, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakul

Qualifications: 12th pass (awaiting results). I scored well in PCB – Bio 96, Chem 87, Physics 80. Maths isn't my strong suit, though I do enjoy it a bit. NEET was never forced on me and I never took special coaching, but I'm now exhausted from grinding for it, even if I keep at it till the end.

Even if I secure an MBBS seat (my dad is a second‑generation doctor with a private clinic), I don't think I'll enjoy the 10‑plus years of training. I love learning new things, but the long, stressful residency makes me unmotivated for a medical career. What alternate path should I consider? I've already filled CUET, IAT, NEST, and WBJEE forms.

I also really don't want to take a drop year because of religious reasons. I might enjoy research, but the fierce competition for IAT this year makes me hesitant. Any senior who's free, please guide me.

Ehsan

If research interests you and you're ready to invest about 10 years, go for IAT or NEST. If you just want a degree, use your CUET score to get into any university offering your desired course—there are many combos. If you want a job right after graduation and don't want to study for years, consider B.Tech.

Saritha

Um, could you share more about the religious reasons?

Yatin

Sorry if this sounds rude, but could you explain why a drop year isn't possible because of religious reasons?

Bharat

Look into IISER and NISER exams—search the institute names for the exact tests. I also recall an IIM Indore exam; it's a management course open to all streams. There's an IIT design exam too, and with your maths background you'll be eligible.

Sameer

Consider an occupational therapy course at good colleges; there's solid demand for it.

Isha

Options include BDS, physiotherapy, BHMS, BAMS, lab scientist, B.Pharm, engineering, and many more.

Lakshmi

I never realized missionaries have been so successful in India.

Akshara

Check out Abhishek Gupta, a study coach on Instagram; he's posted several reels about alternatives to NEET.