eChat

Categories => Relationships, Dating & Marriage => Topic started by: Divya on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM

Title: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Divya on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
33F here, met a 32M through an arranged‑marriage setup and had a slightly odd experience – want honest opinions.

We met at a café, chatted for 2–3 hrs, the bill was ~₹1500. I offered to pay, but he insisted, so I let it be. We got home late (12:30 am) and he said he'd like to meet again, so I thought I'd either pick up the next bill or settle later – didn't feel the need to split it right then.

Next morning at 9 am he texted saying my share is ₹570. I was surprised and asked shouldn't it be ₹750? He replied he'd ordered something before I arrived, so that was my portion – then later changed it to ₹650. (₹80 seriously?)

During the date he also tried to touch me while we were walking – putting his hand on my shoulder a couple of times, once saying he was saving me from a tree, which I wasn't about to hit. It felt a bit too familiar for a first meeting.

I did pay, but the whole thing felt off/cheap – both the tiny money ask and the unnecessary physical contact.

Am I overthinking, or does this come across as off/cheap to others as well?

Note: I usually split the bill or pick up the next one if we meet again, but this experience, even for a small amount, felt weird!
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Manish on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
Cheap and handsy – two red flags. Better to skip him.

Edit: cheap and handsy.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Priya on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
Think twice, girl – is this the kind of relationship you want for your future?
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Anand on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
He should have let you pay from the start – why insist on covering the bill just to ask for your share later? Physical touch on the first meeting crosses personal boundaries.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Mister on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
By now every guy should know you don't touch someone unless they're comfortable. It's a basic dating rule – otherwise you come across as ignorant or creepy.

The money request first thing in the morning is really off. There's a polite way to ask even if you don't plan a second date.

He seems to lack basic dating experience – not just about sex, but how to behave in a social setting.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Manisha on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
It's wrong to ask for money after he agreed to pay the whole bill, just like the shoulder‑touching. By the way, ₹650 isn't a tiny amount at all.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Murali on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
No surprise he's still single at 32.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Preeti on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
The whole situation doesn't feel right for a first meeting.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Divya on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
Just walk away.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Douglas on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
Cheap – just reject him.
Title: Re: Too cheap or okay?
Post by: Aman on Mar 28, 2026, 05:11 AM
He probably insisted on paying full to save face in a public place. Getting touchy on the first meet is creepy – best to reject him outright.