eChat

Categories => Health & Wellness => Topic started by: Indrajit on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM

Title: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Indrajit on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
Hey folks with darker skin, which sunscreens do you use that don't make you look like a ghost? The Neutrogena one gave me a terrible white cast.

(https://preview.redd.it/fuh86x6984wg1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=754a39ad6dd6b691c58a71ab3eebe88640f70ec1)
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Michael on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
I've been using UV Doux. It leaves a tiny white cast when I first apply it, but it disappears after about a minute.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Kishore on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
I use Mingen Glow Shield day cream – it has vitamin C, SPF 30 and wheat germ oil.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Arisha on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
I use Minimalist Fluid, Tocobo, Dokdo and Innisfree sunscreens.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Yamini on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
For medium skin tone, I go for Beauty of Joseon's Aqua variant.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Preeti on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
L'Oréal Paris UV Defender Matte & Fresh works for me. I'm medium‑to‑light skinned. I used to use the old Neutrogena formula which didn't leave a cast and gave a subtle glow, but the new version does. After a lot of trial and error, I found my new holy grail – the L'Oréal matte one. Give it a try.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Divya on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
Minimalist Light Fluid sunscreen works well for me.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Harshit on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
It's photostable.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Shankar on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
I use Sola Safe and Blynds Gel sunscreen for oily skin. For mineral options, La Shield is a bit heavy so I keep it for indoor use. Aqualogica Watermelon sunscreen is lighter for indoors and feels nice cosmetically.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Kalpana on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
Avoid UV Doux – it makes me look like I've put ash on my face. Reequil is good; it doesn't leave a white cast, though it does make me sweat a bit even when I normally don't.
Title: Re: Sunscreens for darker skin without white cast
Post by: Bhavin on Apr 19, 2026, 04:30 PM
I'm a chocolate‑brown guy, and so far BOJ and Biore UV have been worth the money with no white cast.