eChat

Categories => Sarkari Naukri & Competitive Exams => Topic started by: Raghav on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM

Title: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Raghav on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
I'm a 22‑year‑old guy who's been prepping for banking exams since last year. I missed both the SBI Clerk and IBPS Clerk exams by just 4 marks. I learned from my mistakes and got ready for the next attempts. Then, out of the blue, a relative's son – let's call him X – landed a job as a toll plaza operator by paying the agent 1 lakh. That same relative told my mom that his son got a toll plaza job with a salary of 50k per month. My mom was shocked and now thinks I'm not studying properly because X got a 50k‑pm job so easily. I'm under a lot of pressure. Do toll operators really earn that much? If not, how do I make my mom understand?
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Pranav on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
Nooo, they don't even earn 20k; that's a scam.
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Vasant on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure what to say, but a word of warning ⚠: don't argue with your mom or you'll get the 'chappal therapy'.
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Tushar on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
A toll plaza operator earns between ₹1.3 lakh and ₹2.5 lakh per year. You can't really do anything about it except keep quiet, stop listening to your mom, and just keep practicing.
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Devansh on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM

(https://i.ibb.co/TDpd24xT/eoexzryd5iug1.jpg)
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Nakul on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
The comparison is just absurd.
Title: Re: Ridiculous: Mom compares my banking prep to bribed toll operator's 50k pm job
Post by: Ujjwal on Apr 11, 2026, 01:13 PM
You can't change it. Just tell your mom you're very happy for that guy and that you'll also get a job this year. Don't argue or overthink; just say yes to your mom and keep studying.